Commercial - VRF / VRV Systems
VRF / VRV Systems
What is VRF?
- Variable refrigerant flow (vrf) also known as variable refrigerant volume (vrv).
- This type of system consists of a number of air handling units (possibly up to 48) connected to a modular external condensing unit.
- The refrigerant flow is varied using either an inverter controlled variable speed compressor, or multiple compressors of varying capacity in response to changes in the cooling or heating requirement within the air conditioned space.
- A sophisticated control system enables switching between the heating and cooling modes.
- In more sophisticated versions, the indoor units may operate in heating or cooling mode independently of others.
- This latter arrangement offers potential energy savings when heating and cooling are required simultaneously in different zones.
- This type of system requires no internal plant room space and offers great flexibility through the many types of air handling units available.
- Applications vary from office, retail, hotel, luxury apartments, industrial, new and retrofitted buildings.
Due to the amount of different designs, configurations and the environment where you require air conditioned, please do not hesitate to call us for more information or a site visit. Further information can also be found on this PDF document here
. (Adobe Reader Required
We are a REFCOM FGAS certified company as all refrigeration and air conditioning service providers should be.